The council is applying for up to £200,000 in grants to purchase electric cargo bikes to support local businesses and charities. But we need to move quickly, and we need you to express your interest.
- Could you deliver by cargo bike?
- Could you use a cargo bike to help run your charity or local association?
- Could you host a cargo bike so that locals could borrow it for big loads?
- Are you a community association who could run events with a bike?
- Could your BID use a bike to help smaller busineses deliver, etc.?
If successful, Richmond will be able to purchase a number of bikes which can be loaned to local businesses and charities, to support more zero-carbon transport. You’d be making your local area cleaner and greener, and you’d get more reliable delivery times, be able to park exactly where you were going, safely, and easily.
Ideas you could discuss with local businesses, friends, and groups:
- A shared cargo bike for moving plant waste from your allotments
- Using a bike to place and collect all the things you need to manage the park run
- Sharing a bike in a community to make shopping by families easier
- Having a bike for your BID to promote the area, and support events
- Get a bike for your association to make it easier to do community events and support community activities
- Deliver your goods by bike – depending on the bike / trailer set up you can transport 300kg of goods, or more than you can fit in a small van!
- Fulfil between locations by bike – you can park bikes right outside where you’re going, and load and unload super quickly
- Have a bike that customers can borrow to take a big shop home
Contact the council direct at email@example.com or tweet or email us if we can help!