Clarendon school has been running a bicycle maintenance scheme since September 2010, teaching young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN), to refurbish second hand bikes. One hundred percent of profits from the resale of these bikes are reinvested into providing additional opportunities for young people with SEN. Students gain an AQA Unit Award in Cycle Mechanics as part of their experience.
Earlier this year they beat 58 applicants to win the borough’s ‘Richmond’s Den’ competition for social enterprises. Now they have been nominated for The Richmond Business Awards and we’re encouraging everyone to take 2 minutes to show their support to this very worthy enterprise.
Here’s how you can register your support for ‘Bespoke Be Heard’, but be quick, the deadline is Friday 20 September:
- Go to http://www.richmondbusinessawards.com/nominate/
- Look for the ‘The People’s Choice’ Box (in red on the left side of the page) and fill in:
- Company Name: ‘Bespoke Be Heard’
- Enter your email address (just to stop multiple entries!)
- Category: ‘Best Charity or Social Enterprise’
- Click on ‘Vote’